Businesses are invited to apply for a grant of $10,000 from the Victorian Government Business Support Fund which was set up to support small businesses that employ staff and are suffering because of the forced closure restrictions announced by the Victorian Government.
Who is eligible?
Small businesses are eligible if they meet all these criteria:
· Employ staff
· Have been subject to forced shutdown restrictions announced by the Victorian Government.
· Have a turnover of more than $75,000
· Have payroll of less than $650,000
· Held an ABN at 16 March 2020 (date of the State of Emergency declaration); and
· Have been engaged in carrying on a business in Victoria on 16 March 2020.
How can I spend the money?
Grant funds could be used for example on:
· Meeting business costs, including utilities, salaries, rent, etc.,
· Seeking financial, legal or other advice to support business continuity planning,
· Developing the business through marketing and communications activities, or
· Other supporting activities related to the operation of the business.
Download a copy of the Business Support Fund guidelines.
Businesses will be required to attest to their eligibility and provide supporting documentation (including BAS statements) through the application process.
Applicants are required to submit an application online via the Business Victoria website (business.vic.gov.au). Applicants will be subject to a brief audit by the Victorian Government.
But I don’t employ anyone?
Owners of businesses that do not employ people (non-employing businesses) are not eligible for funding through this program, however they can seek support through the Commonwealth Government’s Job Seeker Payment Program.
Other information about this program
Information may be found at business.vic.gov.au or through the Business Victoria Hotline at 13 22 15.
Deadline for Application
Applications will be accepted until 1 June 2020.
If you need and assistance with the grant process, please contact any of the team on (03)9585 7555 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org